Named a Top Ten Michigan Women Business Owner for her words of wisdom, Giangrande’s highly-rated presentations and trainings are motivational, engaging and leaves audiences wanting more.
NATIONALLY KNOWN CAREER & DIVERSITY/INCLUSION EXPERT
Named a Top Ten Michigan Women Business Owners for her words of wisdom, Giangrande’s highly-rated presentations are motivational, engaging and leaves audiences wanting more.
Featured in Women’s Day Magazine, HR Magazine, Black Enterprise and author of the “What’s In Your Sandwich? career strategies books; 10 Surefire Ingredients for Career Success, and 7 Savvy Ingredients to Supercharge Your Confidence”, Giangrande, serves as the President and founder of SASHE, LLC, and the SASHE Career Academy for Women (SCAW). Her company provides strategic career coaching, training & development for leaders looking to advance careers.
The strength of her expertise is based over 20 years of corporate experience with a professional career spanning several industries such as higher education, hospitality, human services and healthcare. Giangrande is also a certified diversity expert with 20 years of diversity and inclusion experience specializing in cultural transformations, building inclusive environments, diversity education and awareness, as well as strategy implementation.
Realizing that many find themselves stuck in careers without a road map to move forward, Jocelyn founded SASHE, LLC: an acronym for Sisters Achieving Success Harmony and Empowerment. SASHE, LLC is a company focused on building confidence and advancing careers of women.
Giangrande is also a Cornell University Certified Diversity & Inclusion expert experienced in helping organizations create inclusive cultures. Her work gained national recognition earning four consecutive awards by Diversity Inc, the Institute for Diversity and Crain’s Detroit Business. Giangrande was named a Diversity Champion, by The Race Relations Task Force in Birmingham, MI, and a Diversity Business Leader by Corp! Magazine.
Jocelyn’s credentials include: certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), graduate,Cornell University Diversity Leadership Program, B.A. in Psychology, Colby College,M.A., Human Resources Management, Marygrove College and graduate of Inforum’s Center for Women’s Executive Leadership program.
THE CAREER COACH FOR WOMEN
The ideal coach for women leaders, Jocelyn excels at getting you unstuck, building confidence and exploring what may be holding you back.
Jocelyn uses over 20 years of corporate experience with a professional career spanning several industries such as higher education, hospitality, human services and healthcare to coach, educate and train professionals.
Using a strength-based approach, individuals utilize strengths to overcome leadership challenges, increase team engagement and communicate more effectively.
As a Cornell Certified Diversity Professional (CCDP) Giangrande has the ability to meet people where there are, and remain flexible to styles and approaches. Coupled with degrees in psychology and human resources, she has an in-depth understanding of human behavior, group dynamics and organizational development. This allows her to understand organizational cultures and how individuals may excel in such cultures.
As a former human resources executive, Giangrande’s experience has afforded the unique opportunity to understand the common challenges leaders encounter navigating, leading teams and their own career development.
Her belief as a coach is everyone has the potential to be successful. As a coach, her objective is to help bring out the best of leaders and leverage what they have to achieve.
A certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), and a graduate of Cornell University Diversity Leadership Program (CCDP), Jocelyn earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Colby College, a Masters of Arts degree in Human Resources Management, from Marygrove College and is a graduate and former facilitator of Inforum’s Center for Women’s Executive Leadership program.
- Advisory Board Member, Univ. of Michigan Women & Gender Studies
- Alternate, Zoning Board of Appeals, Bloomfield Township, Michigan
- Past Executive Board, Michigan Regional Diversity Leadership Council
- Member, Inforum, A Women’s Alliance
- Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM)
- National Association for Female Executives (NAFE)
- SE Michigan HR Executive Council
- Inforum Center for Leadership Advisory Board Member
- City of Detroit Workforce and Development Board, Executive Board Member
- National Association for African Americans in Human Resources (NAAAHR) –Past President, Detroit Chapter
- Development Board Committee Past Member, Girls Scouts of America-Southeast Michigan
- Past Board, Detroit Workforce Development Board
- Past Development Board Member, Girls Scout of Southeast Michigan
- Past Board Member, Detroit Workforce Development Board
Partial Listing of Clients and Partners:
- University of Michigan
- University of Michigan Center for the Education of Women
- City of Detroit
- Federally Employed Women
- Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Focus Hope
- American Society of Employers
- Michigan Diversity Leadership Council
- Quicken Loans
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency
- Detroit Mental Health
- Baker College, Allen Park
- Health Alliance Plan
- Henry Ford Health System
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
- Wayne State University
- Colby College
- Eastern Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University Public Safety
- Oakland University
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
- Health Care Financial Management Association
- Women’s Inspire Network
- Gemini Group
- Black Women in Business Brainstorm Network
- University of Phoenix
- Michigan Recruiter and Retention Network
- ITT Technical Institute, Canton
- Mercantile Bank of Grand Rapids
- Molina Health Care
- Southfield Black Chamber of Commerce
- Trinity Health System
- National Association for African Americans in Human Resources
- Detroit Society of Human Resources
- Henry Ford House
- Washtenaw Community College
- Delta, Inc
- Sisters Circle
- Public Relations Society of America, Detroit
- Beaumont Health System
- Detroit Area Agency on Aging
- Durr Manufacturing
- Mercedes Benz
- Women of Color Task Force Conference
Awards and Recognition:
- 2020 HR Excellence in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Diversity Champion, Crain’s Detroit Business
- Diversity Hero, Race Relations Task Force
- Best Practice Award, U.S. Department of Labor
- Diversity Business Leader, Corp! Magazine
- Diversity Inc. Top Companies for Diversity
- Top Company for Diversity, Diversity Inc.
- Diversity Focused Company, Corp! Magazine
- Top Diversity in Governance, Institute for Diversity
- Spirit of Pride Award, Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Focused on People Award, Henry Ford Health System
- Diversity Leader, Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA)
- Shining Star, My Sister’s Circle: Supporting the mission and vision of My Sisters Circle and being a role model to women of all ages.
- Top 10 Michigan Business Women Award, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Total Woman Award, Woman Association
- Community Support Award, Asian American Hotel Owners Assoc. (AAHOA)
- Outstanding African American Business Leader, African American Business Resource Group
- Outstanding Work for Women in Business, Federally Employed Women
- Changing the Culture of Health Care, Institute of Diversity
- Focus on People Award, Board of Trustees Henry Ford Health System
- Spirit of Pride Award, Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Talent Analyst Certification Top Score, Talent Plus
How to Book Jocelyn:
Contact Jocelyn for:
- Keynote Speaking
- Book Signings
- Presentations & Retreats
- Expert Speaker Panels
- Conferences, Workshops, Training and Seminars
(Special nonprofit pricing available)